Why & When Shivratri Celebrated in India – Free Maha shivratri 2013 wallpapers
Accoding to soruces One million devotees to visit Pashupatinath on Shivratri – Zee News
Why shivratri celebrated in india !
Simply its the night of lord shivaji and parvatiji,(she is the rebirth of mata sati) & get married, and all devtas was waiting for them first child named” KartiK” to kill one devil.
so they celebrate this marrige as MAHA shivratri.
Find some free shivratri wallpapers and download maha shiv photos online.
What is Shivratri Puja Vidhi process ?
According to the Shiva Purana, the Mahashivaratri worship must have 6 items:
- Bathing the Linga with water, milk and honey, and Wood apple or bel leaves added to it, representing purification of the soul.
- The vermilion paste applied on the linga after bathing it, representing virtue;
- Offering of fruits, which is conducive to longevity and gratification of desires;
- Burning incense, yielding wealth;
- The lighting of the lamp which is conducive to the attainment of knowledge;
- And betel leaves marking satisfaction with worldly pleasures.
These 6 items, till today, form an indispensable part of Mahashivaratri, be it a simple ceremony at home or a grand temple worship. By offering water, hugging the linga, lighting the diya and incense, and ringing the temple bells, devotees call To protect the world from annihilation